Call, email or stop by our convenient location:
|HOURS:||8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Monday to Friday|
|ADDRESS:||Ingham & Wilkinson Building, Penthouse
129 Front Street
City of Hamilton HM 12
Is Intrepidus a licensed insurance services provider?
Yes, Intrepidus is a licensed insurance services provider and is licensed and regulated by the Bermuda Monetary Authority.
Who owns Intrepidus?
Intrepidus is a full service insurance broker that is owned by Bermudian equity investors.
What services will Intrepidus provide?
As a full service insurance broker, Intrepidus offers the following core insurance services:
- Insurance brokering
- Risk management
- Claims consulting
- Independent insurance advising
To whom will Intrepidus provide products/services to?
Intrepidus is a full service broker that will provide insurance services to Bermuda residents and businesses.
What is the difference between an insurance broker and an insurance agent?
An agent works for one insurance company and can only offer you the products of that company. A broker has access to the products of multiple insurance companies and can find the best combination of coverage, price and service. In other words, an insurance broker works for you and not the insurance company.
How can I manage my insurance policies?
For all policies:
- Review your policies with your insurance broker at least once a year, or when your circumstances or property changes, to ensure that you are adequately covered and not over insured or under insured.
- Raise your deductibles for all policies. Accepting a higher initial cost of a loss can reduce the cost of your premiums.
- Install alarm systems to improve protection against theft and accidental damage, as this protection is often looked upon favorably by insurance companies.
- Look into the insurance cost implications before purchasing a car or house, upgrading or making changes.
- Report insurance fraud to the appropriate authorities.
How can I control my insurance cost?
For motor insurance:
- Insurance costs vary considerably by make, model and year, based on average theft levels and the cost to repair or replace them, as well as the intended use. Ask your broker before you buy.
- Install an aftermarket anti-theft system if the vehicle doesn’t come with one as standard.
- Avoid tickets. The better your driving record, the lower your premiums will be. Drive defensively, stay alert and follow the rules of the road.
- Avoid making claims on small “fender-bender” collisions, windshields, dents, nicks and other light damage.
- Where possible, take public transportation to and from work.
For business insurance:
- Consult a broker about conducting a complete loss prevention audit to identify possible hazards and offer solutions to reduce exposure to a broad range of risks, including from injuries, fire, fraud and theft.
- Consider Business Interruption Insurance, to protect your and your staff’s income while insurance remedies are being made for fire, water or other damages.
- Ensure that your employees are aware of safety and hiring practices as well as your workplace’s harassement policy.
- Consult with your insurance broker before expanding into different geographical areas as costs may vary dramatically.
Isn’t it cheaper to buy insurance direct from the insurance company?
You might be tempted to think so, but generally buying direct does not mean lower premiums. Insurance companies spend a lot of money on marketing and administration costs, which have to be passed on to their customers. Brokers are free to shop among many insurers on your behalf, and deliver the best possible price for the coverage you need.
Does Intrepidus charge a fee?
No, Intrepidus generates revenue by receiving commissions from the insurance companies that they place your business with and there is no financial incentive for Intrepidus to pick one over another. There is no direct charge to you for Intrepidus’ services.
What are the products and services that Intrepidus provides?
Intrepidus is an independent local insurance services provider that provides:
- Insurance Brokering
- Risk Management
- Loss Adjusting
- Independent Insurance Advising