ABOUT OUR COMPANY
We are a full service insurance intermediary offering car, home, life and business insurance. We have partnered with several top companies to ensure that our clients get the best insurance coverages at the best price.
At Intrepidus, we focus on three core objectives: EDUCATE. PROTECT. DELIVER.
EDUCATE: We educate in two ways. First, we offer free insurance consultations to ensure that insureds are adequately protected. We review the needs and coverages with each person or business. Second, we offer free educational seminars to the public and community on a number of topics ranging from Life Insurance, Personal Insurance, Business Insurance and more.
PROTECT: After reviewing your needs, we then research and offer the correct coverage to protect you, your family or your business. Bermuda insurers provide products and services that vary from company to company, therefore we compare and find the proper product and service to fulfill your needs at the best price.
DELIVER: We work hard and diligently to ensure that you receive the best customer service experience, from selecting an insurance plan, understanding your policy and helping with claims. We strive to exceed our client’s expectations by educating them on the protection they need, finding the best product for the best price and offering a superior customer service.
Our services include:
- Assessing your individual needs and obtaining quotes. Depending on the property, vehicle or business being insured, this might include performing an insurance valuation, taking photographs or obtaining an inspection report.
- Comparing the coverage of different insurers to get you the best rates and conditions in an unbiased manner and provide you with a recommendation.
- Searching for opportunities to reduce overall premiums by combining different types of insurance for discounts.
- Explaining premiums, terms, conditions and any small print that you do not understand.
- Providing administrative follow up, such as mortgage changes, certificates of insurance, etc.
- Providing advice and revisions at policy renewal or midterm if material changes are necessary, such as a move or the sale of an asset.
- Being available to answer questions after purchase.
- Ensuring claims are handled fairly. We help you with the process and ensure a fair and speedy settlement. Brokers make a positive difference to an insurer’s payout in a substantial number of claims.
Please contact us today if you have any questions!
THE INTREPIDUS WAY
As a local insurance services provider, we pride ourselves on being a socially responsible company. We strive to make a positive impact in our community and to the Island as a whole. Intrepidus also offers a supportive and team-oriented culture in which you can thrive.
Shared values at Intrepidus are the foundation of the company and our culture.
- We are a sales and marketing company dedicated to providing excellence in risk management services to our clients.
- Loyalty is earned – not dictated.
- We are a competitive and aggressive company, loyal only to our clients.
- We run to problems – not away from them.
- We adhere to the highest standards of moral and ethical behavior.
WHY CHOOSE AN INDEPENDENT BROKER?
An insurance broker works for you to provide transparent and objective assistance. With other agencies, you get one company that sells one brand of insurance. With an independent insurance broker,like Intrepidus, you get choices.
Why? Because we represent a number of different insurance companies, and can compare coverage and prices to find the best possible value for your individual circumstances. As an independent insurance broker, we are regulated by the Bermuda Monetary Authority (BMA) and we are committed to being your advocate in times of need. We use our professional knowledge and experience to help you to properly assess your insurance needs, shop for the best value in insurance coverage and help you in the event of a claim.
Here are a few reasons why Intrepidus should be your first and last stop when looking for insurance:
- We work for you when you have a claim.
- We are not beholden to any one company. This means you don’t have to change agencies as your insurance and service needs change.
- We are value-hunters who look after your pocketbook in finding the best combination of price, coverage and service.
- We offer one-stop shopping for a full range of products, including home, renters, motor, business, life and more.
- We can periodically review your coverage to keep up with your changing insurance needs.
- We are committed to customer satisfaction – it’s the key to our livelihood.
- We treat you like a person, not a number.
- We are licensed professionals with strong customer and community ties.
There is no extra cost to you for all the services that a broker provides. A broker is paid a commission through the insurance company that you place your business with, and there is no financial incentive for them to pick one over another. We believe in complete transparency in this regard.
THE BROKER ADVANTAGE
Brokers have access to a wide selection of some of the best local insurers, including plans that are not available directly to the public. Once a broker has properly assessed your individual insurance needs, they do the shopping for you, to find you the right coverage at a competitive price.
Brokers are licensed professionals. They bring their experience and judgment to their role as your personal insurance advisor. Most important, they are free to make impartial recommendations. Their first and only responsibility is to serve your interests, so it’s advice that you can trust.
Most people prefer to have a face-to-face conversation with a broker to discuss coverage, at least at the outset. For most of your dealings with a broker, you can communicate in whatever way you are most comfortable with or that fits into your busy life, such as telephone or email.
Insurance brokers work to a principle of utmost good faith. Your insurance broker puts your interests first, before those of the insurance companies they deal with. Buying from a broker means you can buy with confidence knowing that the recommended coverage is right for your particular needs. A broker’s advice is independent of any insurance company, so their recommendations are always in your best interests.
If you have to make a claim, your broker is there to ensure that you receive fair and prompt payment, to get you back to normal. In the event of a dispute, your broker will act as your advocate with the insurance company. Experience has shown that a broker’s knowledge and contacts can often help settle a disputed claim. The disappointment of a refused claim lasts much longer than the satisfaction of having saved a few dollars.
Brokers offer a wealth of knowledge on all aspects of insurance and other preparedness. They know how to ensure that you get all applicable discounts on the insurance you buy. They are experts at risk assessment and how to properly protect you and your family’s interests with respect to Auto, Home and Business coverage. Professional education is ongoing and put to use on a daily basis, so you can rest assured that the coverage you receive is the coverage you need.
It doesn’t cost you any extra to use the services of a broker. Brokers are paid a commission by any insurance company they place your business with and there is no financial incentive for them to pick one over another. What’s more, we are completely open about these transactions and open to answer any question that you may have about our remuneration.
Brokers act as a local resource center for safety information and recovery following a disaster, such as a crime, hurricane or car accident. Brokers are part of your community’s emergency response team. They will be among the first to respond to your needs in the event of a catastrophe in your community. Buying from a broker means you are investing in your own community.
INTREPIDUS – IT’S ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS
Our services come at no charge to you, it’s not an additional cost, it’s a right!
A right to independent advice
When we say independent, we mean it. Intrepidus brokers do not work for the insurance companies; they work for you. If you’re not sure, just ask.
A right to choice and personalised plans
Intrepidus brokers have access to many insurance companies. This means you get more choices and more coverage options for your custom needs. In fact, many insurance products are only available through a broker – providing even more opportunity to bundle and save.
A right to knowledge and expertise
Your best protection is access to knowledge. When you work with an Intrepidus broker, you get a highly skilled professional who puts your interests first. Top-notch competence, ethical conduct and realistic risk exposure make our licensed brokers a choice that you can trust.
A right to personal attention
You are unique, and as independent insurance brokers, we take the time to learn what matters most to you. We simply have the widest choice of products. As your needs change, we make sure you stay covered.
A right to an advocate
We understand the stress and confusion that can occur when a damaging event comes along. Since we work for you – not the insurance company – we’re on your side and are armed with experience. When you need help the most, our experts will guide you through the claims process and advocate for you to ensure you receive a swift and fair settlement.
A right to local help
When you need help, local matters. With a local insurance broker, you get specialised knowledge, speedy attention and experts who are passionate about the well being of your shared community.